10 Things I Wish You Knew About Yourself
Everyday, when I drive to my office, I see a number of people, going around, doing what they need to do. I observe them, and I wonder what they are thinking.
I reach my office and I meet people and they tell me “stuff”, and most of that “stuff” is basically transitional and opinionated. They tell me about the problems, the economy going down the drain, the savings being depleted, the sicknesses that they never thought would come anywhere near them. Problems, problems and more problems…
I see people not doing the great things they are capable of doing. I see people with great mental capacities, just sitting around smoking cigarettes, and wondering when their lives are going to change. I see people, walking around like zombies, “passing” another day in their lives.
I don’t see what I like, and I don’t like what I see. So I am going to give you a piece of my mind, if the above scenario feels familiar to you, in any sense. So listen up.
HERE ARE SOMETHINGS I WISH YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOURSELF
And knowing them might just hit a cord with you and might just light a spark of life inside you, which in turn, might just change your life in some small or big way. Whatever it does, at least I’d know, I did my part in letting you know.
1. You believe in yourself. If you didn’t, you’d have resigned from the “living job” already. It is your belief in yourself, hidden in some remote corner of your psyche, that is keeping you alive and on the move. So don’t bother with people who tell you, that they don’t believe in you. You don’t need their stamp of approval. Just know that if you are alive, you believe in yourself, and that you are belief-worthy.
2. You can change yourself. Really. You can change your whole world. I don’t mean it like you can push a button and enter into a new reality, but I mean it like you can work on changing you thought patterns, which in turn will change your attitude, and your changed attitude will change the objective reality around you in due time. Try that, if you think that you need to change your life in one way or another (which I am sure you do, as much as I do).
3. You are the only Messiah you have been waiting for. No angel plans on dropping from the sky and whisper in your ears the secrets of a successful life. You know them already, and if you don’t, ask around, look around, read around or just go around. There are no secrets (except the movie: The Secret—which plans on revealing “the secret” to all of us—still). Life is simple. Keep it simple. Stop fiddling with it and thus making it complex.
4. You are capable of doing much more than you think you can. Don’t underestimate your abilities, ever! Take the risk. Take the leap, and even if you fall, flat down on your face, stand up and leap again and done enough times, you’ll be amazed to discover, that you had it within in you, to go beyond the mental limits that you created for yourself.
5. Your life is not yours only. Life is a phenomenon that is based on interconnectedness. It is interdependent on the people and the environment around you. Every thought you think, every dream you dream, every word you say, every action you perform, create ripples that affect the world around you. So accept your responsibility, not only for yourself, but also for your behavior in everyway. Because you are an innate and indispensible part of the collective human consciousness.
6. You will leave a legacy behind after you are gone. Even if you are not a Christ, Einstein, Shakespeare or some other “great” soul, you will still leave a legacy in the form of the aftereffects of your collective actions, that you performed during your time on this planet.
7. You are wiser than you think you are. It’s just that you don’t act upon the advice of your wise-self sometimes (or most of the times). Don’t tell me that I am wrong, because I know I am not. You know a lot better than you think you know about life, and now you also know, that I know that you know, so don’t even think of disagreeing with me on this one, at least.
8. You are not just what you appear to be. You are not just your body or mind. Your possessions and social status do not define you absolutely. You are not even just a human being. Like Dr. Wayne Dyer said, “You are not a human being having a spiritual experience, you are a spiritual being having a human experience.”
9. You are to leave one day. Yes, you will die too and all your worldly aspirations and possessions and achievements and legacies will not be allowed to go along with you. You will go alone from this world, just like you came alone into this world. The Armani suits and Gucci bags are just some thoughtfully calculated distractions.
10. You are immortal. Did I just say Immortal? Yes, I said that, and I’d also say, that you are also a superhero. To come in this world and live, and then go back to where you came from—can’t be done by a mere mortal. So live like a superhero, starting from today. And remember, since you are a superhero, you have amazing powers and “with great power comes great responsibility”.